Based loosely on McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras used by Sotheby's, this guide is used to explain the condition of the camera and variations in price. See the condition rating in each item description.
For example: Condition rating: 2-3-2
1. No signs of wear
2. Very minimal signs of wear
3. Showing signs of normal use and age
4. Showing signs of heavy use
1. Everything functioning as it should
2. Fully functioning camera, shutter speeds not 100% accurate
3. Fully functioning camera, electric circuit not working (light meter/flash connection), shutter speeds not 100% accurate
4. Fully functioning camera, two items not working eg. light meter/self-timer, shutter speeds not 100% accurate
1. Very rare
3. Fairly common
All cameras have been cleaned and serviced. All cameras operate manually and mechanically independently of the electric circuits or a battery. The shutter and aperture blades function entirely mechanically. Functioning electric circuits are only essential for using the camera with flash or in Automatic mode.